Thursday 17 July 2014

Wednesday 16th July

As it was a day of locks I didn't think that there would be many different photos to write about but how wrong can you be.

I have found the boat for me!


We set off at 9am after filling with water and Chris and I did the locks whilst Terry and Graham looked after the boats. It was definitely quicker and easier with 2 boats working together. Some of the gates were heavy but generally not too bad.

I don't think that this boat will be going anywhere soon!


This garden is heading for forest proportions. 


After 11 locks we stopped for lunch and as the next set of 7 is a flight, with not too far between each lock, Terry suggested tying the boats together and he would steer them both while Graham helped with the locks. a first for us but it worked brilliantly and we were at Tring summit in 1hr 45 mins.

Boats tied front and back.




We were all ready for Dinner in 'The Grand Junction Arms' at Bulbourne and these cygnets were having their meal too, eating grass from the lock side. The moorings here are good with rings provided but I do wish they could trim the bank a little to remove the nettles!





No comments:

Post a Comment