Sunday 11 August 2013

Sunday 11th August 2013

A day of 20 locks. I actually did them all because there was a strong crosswind all day and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to control the boat. Some were set for us and generally they weren't too bad. When we did them in July it was on the hottest day of the year so today was much more pleasant. Some of them were duplicate locks with two side by side although each one only holds one boat. Some of the steps back down were rather steep and I don't think Health and Safety have been round to inspect them! 
(Photo courtesy of Graham Day Photographic Studios Ltd.)

I should sleep well tonight. We are moored at Wheelock and went for a short stroll around. The Italian Restaurant which had people outside drinking coffee 3 weeks ago appears to be closed and boarded up in parts. Good job we hadn't intended to eat there tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment